twitter google

Chad Mendes pulled from UFC 157 lineup

UFC 142: Aldo v Mendes - Press ConferenceUFC 157 is down a bout after officials decided to yank featherweight Chad Mendes off the event, failing to find a suitable replacement for the former top contender in the wake of opponent Manny Gamburyan going down last week with injury. Their tilt was scheduled to serve as part of the evening’s main card and will now be replaced by a heavyweight rumble between Brendan Schaub-Lavar Johnson.

A glum Mendes broke the news on Twitter, saying the situation sucked and offering up an apology to fans. With Gamburyan out for a few months based on the extent of his health-related woes it is extremely likely Mendes will receive a new match-up.

Adding to the disappointment of all involved, Mendes hails from about 200 miles outside of Anaheim, California where the February 23 show is set to unfold.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

2 COMMENTS
  • climbarock says:

    This matchup made no sense in the first place, so this is just icing on the turdcake.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

  • GIKE MOLDBERG says:

    Chad vs Edgar would be ideal-but word on the vine is that it is Chad vs goofy ass guida in San Jo in april-please dear God get rid of that richard simmons of MMA

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 1

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.