Quinton Jackson: “I still feel like I have something to prove.”

Quinton Jackson - UFC 144The next time Quinton Jackson steps into the ring it will mark his 43rd professional fight as a Mixed Martial Artist. It will also be the first time he’ll do so on a losing streak, dropping his last three fights including a January decision to Glover Teixeira marking the end of his run in the UFC.

“Rampage” still isn’t sure what’s on the horizon where his career is concerned. However, he is certain he has some gas left in the tank.

“I don’t need to fight. My kids are secure, and my family is secure. I don’t need to fight, but I like to entertain people. I still feel like I have something to prove,” said Jackson last week on the Abe Kanan Show.

When it comes to the type of company Jackson plans to sign with, the 34-year old simply hopes to find the type of respect he never felt he received from his employers in PRIDE or the UFC.

“I just want to be with an organization that’s going to treat me right. I’ve been fighting for 12 long years. I just feel like I’ve done a lot for this sport, and I feel like it’s time for the sport to take care of me. I’ve been taking care of the sport,” explained the former champion. “I’ve been putting a lot of butts in chairs. I’ve been trying to be entertaining, and I feel like I put my body on the line. I’ve been fighting injured for like the last six fights. I feel like I’ve put my body on the line for this sport, and I think it’s time for this sport to have my back a little bit.”

The 32-11 Jackson’s personality and in-ring aggression have made him one of MMA’s biggest stars. Unfortunately, his performances haven’t always matched up with the spotlight, failing to win a fight since beating Matt Hamill in May 2011. He also hasn’t finished a foe since 2008.

(Credit to MMAJunkie for the transcription)

PHOTO CREDIT: UFC

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

Only thing of any interest out there is a fight with King Mo. Maybe Bellator will offer him a contract and they can milk a few more viewers out of the tired used up carcass of Rampage.

• THEGUNNER says:

Every fighter puts their ass on the line when they fight. Just like tito no one can have credit for boosting mma because one man cant control a whole event rampage is just a peice of the action and sometimes I watch to see his opponent fight. If u deserve credit u shouldnt have to ask for it.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

great fight versus Texieria-just aging

• AlphaOmega says:

He could do the Bellator/TNA thing Mad_Hatter, hell he’d actually be good at the TNA part, don’t know if he could do the fight every month part of it though.

• MCM says:

“I just want to be with an organization that’s going to treat me right.” – Whaaam-page

How bout you fight for the most prestigious title in MMA in only your second UFC fight.
    Need a break after defending it? Hhow bout we put you on national TV for 13 weeks before you have to go back to training.
    Go crazy after losing the title and get arrested? Don’t worry, we’ll take care of your legal problems and give you anything you need to get your head straight again.
    Need a comeback fight, how bout a guy with only one win in a couple years.
    Want another title shot? How bout we give you the TV exposure again before the shot.
    Quit on us to go play Hollywood? That’s OK come on back exactly where you left off.
    Want another title shot? Here you go.

Rampage is THE biggest cry baby in all of MMA. If I was a promoter, I’d stay as far away form him as possible.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I could see TNA taking a flyer on Rampage. He would be a good heel and since half of their roster is social security eligible, giving him easy things to do while stroking his ego would be easy.

• elsicilian says:

I’d like to see him fight Kimbo …