Michael Bisping wants rematch with Vitor Belfort

Bisping v BelfortEven though UFC middleweight Michael Bisping wasn’t part of the lineup for UFC on Fuel 7, the British star was still in London for the event and took time to participate in a Q&A with fans on Friday before weigh-ins. Bisping spoke about a number of subjects during the festivities but none more passionately than his desire to duke it out with Vitor Belfort again after the way their January 26 tilt ended.

Bisping’s interest in another go at “The Phenom” stems from the belief he would have been able to recover after absorbing a head kick and some ensuing strikes on the ground more so than his disgust with Belfort’s use of testosterone replacement therapy leading up to the bout.

“The referee stopped the fight. Fair play to him, congratulations. He was the better man on the night,” explained Bisping. “But I was completely fine when I went down, I think the referee stopped it too soon, and I’d love a rematch someday.”

MMAJunkie was on the scene and able to capture the conversation.

The 33-year old stayed relatively quiet on the topic of TRT, simply acknowledging it was currently legal and changing things was beyond his realm of control. Of course, that doesn’t mean he bit his lip when asked about Belfort undergoing the controversial practice despite having been suspended for testosterone use a number of years ago.

“He’s been busted for that in the past, and now he’s allowed to put steroids into his asshole. What can I say? He’s a f*cking cheat,” stated the brash Bisping. “But I do want a rematch with the guy.”

If the two do lock horns again it won’t be for awhile. “The Count” is currently scheduled to face Alan Belcher on April 27 at UFC 159 while Belfort is battling Luke Rockhold a few weeks later in Brazil at UFC on FX 8.

PHOTO CREDIT – UFC

• AlphaOmega says:

Well so much for me thinking Bisping is matured and not going to make excuses..

• THEGUNNER says:

Bisping will never be a champ with that b s.

• raker says:

TRT is currently legal and he’s a cheat? Hmmmm….. How does that work?

• elsicilian says:

Belfort tested positive and was suspended for steroid use during his Pride heyday. It isn’t breaking news (and you can debate its relevance), but it’s certainly not inaccurate to call him a “cheat.” Bisping’s implicit point seems to be that folks who test positive should be held to a higher degree of accountability going forward, and that seems like a legitimate argument (irrespective of your opinion of Bisping personally).

• Creature says:

Well he can call for a rematch all he wants, doesnt matter, hes not getting past Belcher anyway ;)

• MCM says:

I can see how Bisping thought it was a bit early, but I’ve seen much earlier stoppages in the cage than that. I thought the Cain/Bigfoot stoppage was too early as Bigfoot was clearly still in it. But Silva didn’t complain, went on to win his next two fights and is now getting the rematch with the title on the line. There’s a lesson there Bisping.

• raker says:

If I cheated at a game of poker 10 years ago but beat you while playing within the rules today, am I still a cheat?

• moosebaby02 says:

Alpha it was only a matter of time b4 the true shitsbing came out. That ass clown talked so much crap about how he didnt care what Vitor had in him nothing was going to stop him…..except maybe a shin to the head. Your right Creature Belacher is going to eat him up. Cant wait