Nick Diaz accuses Georges St-Pierre of steroid use

Georges St-Pierre - UFC 124UFC welterweight Nick Diaz has questioned champion Georges St-Pierre’s heart, technique, and approach to fighting on past occasions. Now, the son of Stockton is calling St-Pierre’s character into question, claiming the fan-favorite’s success is the result of performance enhancing drugs coupled with the UFC brass turning a blind eye to the practice.

“I believe that he’s on plenty of steroids. And I don’t think they test around here and I don’t think I’ll be tested, as well,” said Diaz in a recent interview with the Tim and Sid Show. “I don’t think either of us are going to be tested and if so, he’s probably got a bottle of piss in his pocket. I doubt they’re standing over him making sure he’s not on steroids.”

As far as Diaz’s own relationship with drug use, the former Strikeforce title-holder explained he quit smoking prescribed marijuana slightly earlier than was the case in 2012 before testing positive after a bout with Carlos Condit but wouldn’t make any promises as far as how he’d do if screened.

“Hell no, I’m not guaranteeing anything,” exclaimed Diaz, going so far as to show openness to the possibility of yet another extended absence stemming from a suspension. “I did a little better than last time, so if I don’t pass the test, I’m sorry. I could probably use another year off vacation. It’s not like I enjoy this, taking punches to the mouth.”

Diaz is set to face St-Pierre tomorrow night at UFC 158 in the evening’s headlining tilt.

PHOTO CREDIT – STRIKEFORCE/MMAWEEKLY

• darth_irritable says:

In other news, life accuses Diaz of douchery.

• THEGUNNER says:

It would be fun if gsp loses and diaz comes out dirty then winner of the other two fights on the card an fight to be champ.

• Mad_Hatter_XX says:

I think Diaz sees this as “if you want me to do media obligations this is what I got for you” just says whatever he feels like saying since he would really rather not do any media, he is just gonna start a bunch of fires for the fuck of it and let Dana put them out.

• AlphaOmega says:

I think you could be right Hatter, if he causes enough problems Dana will stop asking him to do it. Then again I’m curious if(when) he loses Sat if the UFC will keep him on after everything this go around.

• MCM says:

I don’t think Diaz has the brain capacity to be that strategic Hatter. I think he just says/does shit cause he never matured enough to understand that actions have consequences.

• elsicilian says:

@MCM – I think you are half right (ie. Nick Diaz routine is not totally calculated, but rather an expression of his natural inclinations). On the other hand, he probably has certainly learned that actions have consequences … it’s just that being a volatile/antagonistic loudmouth has played a significant part in transforming him into a wealthy international superstar and one of the most popular fighters in MMA, who gets to jump the line and fight for a title because legends like GSP are *begging* for a shot at him.

So despite a couple of setbacks along the way, it’s difficult to argue that Nick Diaz’s persona has been anything less than a tremendous boon to his fighting career, earning potential, and unexpectedly prosperous lifestyle. Lesson learned: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.