Nick Diaz wants rematch, says Georges St-Pierre “hits like a girl”

Georges St-Pierre - UFCUFC welterweight Nick Diaz said he was ready to call it quits after a one-sided outpointing to champion Georges St-Pierre last night at UFC 158, expressing frustration with the way the system favors grapplers like GSP who possess the ability to take an opponent down and hold him there. However, after the event Diaz was singing a different tune, showing interest in earning another tilt with the title-holder.

“I could have had a better training camp. I’m not making excuses. Nobody had faith in me to win this fight. I think I could have stopped the takedowns and I could have gotten the takedowns,” said Diaz of his performance during Fuel TV’s post-show coverage. “I was flat. The first two rounds, I was moving slow. The third and fourth round I was moving pretty good. I was hoping for a knockout.”

Diaz went on to explain he felt the time difference between California, where he trains/lives, and Montreal may have played a role in his lackluster energy level. As such, Diaz is confident a different environment would deliver a different result.

“I want a rematch. Georges St-Pierre, if you’d give me a rematch, I‘d appreciate it because I could beat you,” Diaz stated. “I’m trying to retire. I’m trying to get out of this gig. But I’d like a rematch. I think I can stop the takedowns and beat him. I’m not hurt. He hits like a woman. He hits like a girl because he’s too scared to let go to get a real punch in.”

The defeat was Diaz’s second straight and marked the beginning of his first losing streak since 2006.

The compete interview with Diaz can be seen below:

PHOTO CREDIT: MMAWEEKLY/UFC

• MCM says:

idiot.

Well-Done. Thumb up 18 Thumb down 4

• THEGUNNER says:

Gsp made this fight boring by holding on to diaz.

Hot debate. What do you think? Thumb up 9 Thumb down 6

• Niv says:

Diaz made the fight boring for having nothing to offer GSP.

I thought he was going to make it a fight but didn’t just like everyone else that gets in there with him.

Sorry I don’t blame GSP, I blame every big mouthed opponent that can’t reach his level.

I’m disappointed as I expected far more from Diaz, he needs to shut up and go to the back of the line.

It’s Hendricks turn to look average.

Well-Done. Thumb up 13 Thumb down 1

• hindsightufuk says:

to be fair Nick Diaz made the fight pretty boring too but not being arsed to fight back in the 4th and 5th.
    3rd round i actually thought he was gonna stand a chance, but then he stopped punching, seemed to lose interest.

• AlphaOmega says:

Looks like Gil is the last Caesar Gracie fighter with the chance to bring home gold

• darth_irritable says:

Lord, Diaz is a moron. He’s lost his last two fights, and the guy who beat him before he talked his way into GSP has been beaten twice by the top 2 fighters right now, and he thinks this should give him a rematch?

Interestingly, I’m increasingly beginning to view GSP as the male Ronda Rousey. Everyone knows exactly what he’s going to do, but no-one is able to stop it.

I did not expect Hendricks to beat Condit. I always thought Hendricks was over-rated, but he’s bringing me around. I think he’s the best shot to beat GSP. Not because I think he will, but he’s got the puncher’s chance that Serra had, and Diaz did not.

• MCM says:

you’re nuts THEGUNNER.
    13 minutes of this fight was contested on the feet, Diaz threw 80 punches to GSP’s 200+. That includes everything he threw on the ground. Nick needs to realize that walking forward with arms extended calling someone a “Bitch” is only considered offense in shit holes like Stockton and not the rest of the world. You think he would have learned that from the Condit fight.
    The Nick Diaz that landed over 100 punches in a round in SF is long dead. This new Nick is nothing but talk and bitching with no way to back it up.

Well-Done. Thumb up 14 Thumb down 3

• sdouglasmc says:

Tired of hearing these guys come out and say they can beat GSP but complain afterwards about his “holding” and not fighting. They KNOW this is how he fights and if they think they can beat him, they also have to know this is what they have to step in the ring and overcome.

I can beat GSP IF he stands there and lets me hit him 20 times. Conduit was the only guy not to complain… much respect for him.

Well-Done. Thumb up 13 Thumb down 0

• AlphaOmega says:

That’s what always annoyed me about fans/fighters complaining about GSP or a lot of other people’s fighting styles..they know they are going to do it, it’s the other fighters job to stop them from doing that.

• THEGUNNER says:

Gsp will never take a chance to finish a fight he ll keep avoiding anderson and keep fighting his style until some one can hit like matt serra did and I can only hope hendricks can do it but if he dont I guess gsp can get another win by decision. At the end if this fight gsp face looked luke ge took more damage of the two.