Chris Weidman has some fun at Anderson Silva’s expense

Chris Weidman has some fun at Anderson Silva’s expense

Though there’s no doubt UFC middleweight Chris Weidman would love to be in champion Anderson Silva’s shoes as the division’s top fighter and an all-around legend, chances are the 28-year old won’t be mistaken for “The Spider” anytime soon given the differences in their appearances and overall demeanor. However, for a few seconds at least, Weidman was at least willing to pretend, doing an impression of Silva during a series of rapid fire questions on UFC Tonight.

Weidman not only shimmied in a style similar to Silva’s, but he also imitated Silva’s high-pitched voice with a helium-like accuracy.

Silva and Weidman are set to square off on July 6 at UFC 162. Weidman will enter the outing with a 9-0 record and wrestling background sure to give Silva fits, though not necessarily of laughter as may be the case with his recent attempt at comedy.

The full clip with Weidman can be seen below:

• THEGUNNER says:

This is old. This sites not the same as before.

• THEGUNNER says:

This is old. This sites not the same as before.

• AlphaOmega says:

Then leave?

• THEGUNNER says:

Leave to where? Dumb ass. The headlines are not in order any more & when I read one new ones pop up on the bottom instead of on the front page.

• AlphaOmega says:

Just saying if you’re not happy with the site then why stick around bitching about it instead of just stopping coming to it? Way to be classy though, good on you.

• THEGUNNER says:

m sure they ask us for feed back ive been here for years and wont leave because u suggest. Id rather let them now how o feel in case otheres are experiencing the same problems so they can better their site and grow. Im far from bitching. And im sure if I was directly talking u I understand your concern but im not. So fuck off. In the nicest way possible. This sites the best and if one of the writers wants me to read somewhere else let me no theres plenty.

• THEGUNNER says:

• THEGUNNER says:

before it would say how many comments are there so I can tell if thre was a good debate going on before I click and it wouldnt let me double post. Jist honest feed back. Really wouldnt disrespect this site but to say leave and stop bitching is childish when they need us to help them make their site better.and I hope I can.

• MCM says:

I miss the post counts too. I clicked on this story cause I saw there were a bunch of comments on it.

As for this site, I’d like to see more opinion/analytical stories, something that drives debate and gets people to pick sides. Every time I’ve gotten a “Well Done” or a “Weak Sauce” it was from a heated debate with another poster (usually LOGIC or Boner) where we each argued opposite points. There was a writer that popped up about a year ago that was giving opinion pieces, and even though I completely disagreed with him on almost every story, it was nice to read something that wasn’t just a rundown of the daily news. I’m still pushing for forums too.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I’d love to do more op-ed stuff. Hopefully that will start happening once we have more writers on board. One step at a time.

• THEGUNNER says:

This sites great. Ive learnes a lot from the debates and from the site itself. & I bet some people on here would make for a good writer.

• darth_irritable says:

Yeah – the op-ed is what I like too. Miss the old format, though :(.

Also, Weidman’s kind of a douche.