10 Best Middleweight Submission Artists in the UFC

An evolving mixed martial artist, Souza looks better on his feet every time he fights. Still, he is best known for his jiu-jitsu and submissions. As a multiple time ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship Champion he has been one of the best grapplers in the world for years and now is a major threat in the UFC. Mandatory Credit: Mark D. Smith-USA TODAY Sports

Do you enjoy people tapping out and/or limbs bending until they break?  Then you will enjoy this list.  These are the UFC middleweight fighters that are, in my opinion, the best at finishing fights by way of submission.  They use their wrestling and jiu-jitsu to rack up wins and rarely miss an opportunity when it presents itself.  Here they are, in order, the top 10 Best Middleweight Submission Artists in the UFC.

• waitetr says:

Can’t say I really agree with Belfort being in this list. Let’s face it he’s had 3 submission victories in his career and none were really spectacular. Sure he briefly caught Jon Jones but that fact still remains that he didn’t finish it and ultimately lost the fight.

• Screenplaya says:

Great. Thanks for reminding that that dumbshit Thales Leites is back in the UFC. That punk better never get another title shot.

• fanoftna33 says:

I dont think Palharis should be on the list as he was cut from the UFC, maybe one of the 10 best submission fighters at 185 yes but not in the UFC. Cannot wait to tee Gracie vs Kennedy lock up soon but I think it will be a lot like Gracie vs King Mo.

• MCM says:

I gotta agree with waitetr. Belfort doesn’t belong anywhere near the list. Tim Credeur (did he retire?), Belcher, Leben and Franklin all have a lot more submissions the Vitor.

@fanoftna33
    When did Palhares get cut? Last I heard he was making the move down to 170 like Lombard.

• darth_irritable says:

I thought he was only suspended?

• Joseph LaSala says:

Palhares was only suspended not cut and he is, without a doubt, one the best submission artists in the middleweight division. Not sure if he was dropping weight, I had not heard that though.