twitter google

Dana White confirms Boston show is good to go

Dana White confirms Boston show is good to go

Any doubts about UFC on FS 1 unfolding in “Bean Town” were put to rest this weekend thanks to confirmation from UFC President Dana White regarding the card’s status. In recent weeks, fears had been expressed about the show’s possible cancellation or at least a dramatic overhaul of the lineup based on a Massachusetts policy requiring a social security number to license fighters for competition. However, according to the exuberant White, an agreement has been made preventing the loss of stars like Brad Pickett, Thiago Alves, Alistair Overeem, and Mauricio Rua.

“We ended up getting everything straightened out. The fights will happen. The card will be great. It’s going to be good,” said White in a conversation with the Boston Herald. “There’s always something. It literally never ends. There’s always something, something that pops up or whatever. We’re pretty used to dealing with this stuff.”

“I’m excited about coming back to Boston, #1,” he concluded on his excitement about the August 17 effort before alluding to the Red Sox-Yankees series and a New England Patriots preseason game on tap for the same few days. “And, #2 it’s a bad-ass weekend in Boston for sports.”

Rua is scheduled to headline the event with Chael Sonnen serving as his opponent. Other bouts set for the festivities include Overeem-Travis Browne, Alves-Matt Brown, and Yuri Alcantara-Urijah Faber.

1 COMMENT
  • AlphaOmega says:

    So what was the big deal with social security numbers with those fighters?

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ