Tito Ortiz teases comeback though not necessarily with the UFC

Tito Ortiz teases comeback though not necessarily with the UFC

UFC Hall of Fame fighter Tito Ortiz rode off into the sunset last July after a fifteen-year career and seemed to be happy with retirement. Fast-forward to this week, and it looks like Ortiz is actually itching to make a return to the ring even if it doesn’t involve action inside the Octagon.

“Fighting is starting to sound fun again…body is almost healed,” wrote the 16-11-1 Ortiz on Twitter. “Come backs are always the best test! Live life to the fullest.”

“Nice to be a free agent. Need to make a big decision for my future (and) for my kids’ future,” he added.

Ortiz not only included a UFC tag in his message but also made sure it went out to Bellator’s parent-company, Viacom, as well.

The former 205-pound champion walked away from the sport with a 1-8-1 record in his previous ten tilts including a stumble to Forrest Griffin in his final fight, citing spinal issues among other health-related woes as affecting his performance over the span. However, during his heyday Ortiz was definitely one of MMA’s most dominant forces and is currently tied with Jon Jones for the most consecutive defenses of the company’s light heavyweight title at five in a row.

• AlphaOmega says:

So basically, nobody talks about Tito anymore, and his idea of staying relevant by becoming Santos’ manager kinda went out the window when people stopped caring or talking about her being in the UFC once she signed with Invicta. If he did come back who would he even fight? Shamrock again?

• MickeyC says:

Rampage.

• darth_irritable says:

Sonnen?

• THEGUNNER says:

I cant see tito fighting outside the ufc.

• SBERG says:

He’s not fighting anymore. Back issues like he’s had don’t ever go away. If and I say if he really does sign to fight and he starts a real camp to prepare he’s going to flare up something in his back again. Sure he feels healthy and strong right now and will continue to feel that way on a regular normal activity basis, but to believe his back can take the grind of a full camp and then weight cutting and then a real fight again? Sorry I just don’t buy it…

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

King Mo Mo?

• raker says:

I’m so tired of hearing this guy speak. He’s trying to stay relevant and I hope that if he comes back, he gets pounded. I’d like to see him fade away into obscurity. The first retirement didn’t seem to do it, maybe the second one will.

• AlphaOmega says:

Gunner, I can see it, mostly because Dana has said multiple times that he thinks Tito is done and shouldn’t fight anymore. SBERG I agree totally, even if he is working out and doing light training now, it’d be nothing to what his back/knees/body/neck would go through in a full on training camp