Tito Ortiz: “It sucks that Dana White still has to say bad things about me.”

Tito Ortiz: “It sucks that Dana White still has to say bad things about me.”

The feud between light heavyweight Tito Ortiz and UFC President Dana White was well-documented during the fighter’s prime. Though it appeared they had worked out their personal differences in recent years, comments from White regarding Ortiz’s interest in ending his retirement tell a different tale.

Specifically, White criticized Ortiz’s lackluster performances leading up to his decision to call it a career while also alleging the former champion’s motivation for a comeback was driven by the fighter being broke.

Ortiz has since responded to White’s comments where he questioned his one-time employer’s attitude about the matter, throwing in a passive-aggressive jab or two as well.

“It sucks that Dana White still has to say bad things about me. One year has passed and still attacks me,” wrote Ortiz on Twitter. “I don’t feel I have to attack him in any way. I hope one day he will get over it. Must suck to sleep at night thinking about me.”

Ortiz retired a little over a year ago after a fifteen-year career filled with highs and lows (as well as a number of injury issues). The 38-year old walked away from MMA with a 16-11-1 record.

• AlphaOmega says:

It wasn’t an attack, it was the truth. It’s not like Dana just all of a sudden was like oh hey tito sucks and hasn’t won in forever and is broke, someone asked him if he’d let Tito fight again in the UFC. Then again it wouldn’t make for as much drama in Tito’s favor if he acknowledged that.

• MCM says:

I actually agree with Tito on this one. Dana could have just said No when asked if he would ever fight in the UFC again and left it at that. The reasons why not are well documented and speak for themselves. Dana didn’t need to through out his opinions of Tito’s financial situation. But whatever, these two will always find ways to insult the other.

• hindsightufuk says:

couldn’t agree more MCM, Dana doesnt need to share his opinion on everything, especially when its just an egotistical, pedantic, purposely hurtful opinion with no merit. The sooner Dana disappears from the public eye the better as far as i’m concerned

• waitetr says:

I was fine with Dana’s rant until he made a comment about Tito’s finances and other business ventures. This is part of the reason I don’t like Dana being front and center…he obviously does a great job promoting and growing the UFC but he speaks a lot more about things he has no idea of or business talking about.

• MickeyC says:

I see both sides. Dana said nothing but truth. Its not like he lied in the least bit. But you would think a man in his position would have just wished tito the best, and moved to the next question. I mean he is a UFC hall of famer.It still amazes me how they demand their fighters be politicalycorrect and scold them for comments, yet Dana still spouts off when ever. And not so much in this case, but in general. Must be good to be a gangsta.

• SBERG says:

I know this is far fetched but anyone ever think this might all be a work?….I mean Does anyone know if Tito is still on the UFC payroll in some capacity? Being one of the few UFC hall of famers has to have some benefits to it ? Maybe?
    I just wonder if all this commotion between Dana and Tito is some backroom handshake deal where they continue to bash each other for the sake of keeping Tito’s name relevant, keeping the ” Bad Boy ” image in tact for possible future use. Again I know i’m going way out there with this but it just strikes me as weird how these two are with each other and their obsession with egotistical rampages…..Just a thought nothing more…..I was in the sun way too long today, I think my brain melted…LOL

• AlphaOmega says:

I don’t think Tito is still under contract with the UFC since he doesn’t do anything, public meetings or anything like that, like Liddell does. Also he gave up the bad boy image remember, in place of the peoples champion.

• SBERG says:

Like I said I know I was going for a long walk on a short pier but the thought was in my head so I threw it out there……I mean stranger things have happened so ……well…I dunno …guess I’m done with it…LOL.

• THEGUNNER says:

Let him fight bonnar loser gets the boot from the hall of fame.