twitter google

Bjorn Rebney: “There will be a long period before we do another (PPV).”

Bjorn Rebney: “There will be a long period before we do another (PPV).”

Bellator garnered a lot of attention last week and not just in relation to the performances of champs Michael Chandler and Ben Askren at Bellator 97. Rather, an announcement at said event caught the collective attention of the MMA world where news was delivered of a November 2 debut on PPV featuring Quinton Jackson-Tito Ortiz in the main event.

CEO Bjorn Rebney recently offered some insight on the company’s plan, confirming the upcoming show will be a rare occurrence, not the norm.

“The reality is we’re not in the business to do pay-per-views every month. That’s not our model. Ours has always been a free TV model fueled by Spike Network,” explained Rebney in an interview with Sherdog. “We’ll do one pay-per-view, than there will be a long period before we do another one. It’s a big show with a lot of meat on the bone.”

Little is known about the card in question outside of the battle between former UFC champions and the locale in which it will unfold. Many in the industry have speculated the event could be a means of helping settle legal issues with disgruntled lightweight Eddie Alvarez.

1 COMMENT
  • darth_irritable says:

    Of course there’s going to be a huge delay. I think we all know the only reason Bellator is putting this PPV on is so they have a basis to claim they run a PPV business when they hit court with Alvarez.

    Never mind that it will do – as SBERG hilariously pointed out – a buy rate of precisely 7.

    Agree or Disagree: Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0

LEAVE A COMMENT!

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Follow 5OZ