Ronda Rousey close to being cast in Fast and Furious 7

Ronda Rousey close to being cast in Fast and Furious 7

UFC bantamweight champ Ronda Rousey has followed in the footsteps of former female fighting star Gina Carano before as a former Strikeforce fighter whose looks, personality, and talent have taken her to heights rarely even attainable for male Mixed Martial Artists. Now she will do so again, literally, as it appears Rousey will play a significant part in the next film from the Fast and Furious franchise. Carano had a role in the previous entry grossing more than $725 million worldwide.

Variety was first to report Rousey’s negotiations with Universal Pictures. If cast, the movie would mark the second blockbuster to feature Rousey, as the 26-year old will also be featured in Expendables 3.

Filming is expected to take place in Atlanta this fall, meaning Rousey will need to set up shop in the city temporarily as she trains for a December 28 title-defense against Miesha Tate at UFC 168. However, it is not expected to affect the most crucial part of her preparation, meaning Rousey will be free to focus wholly on Tate no later than November.

• SBERG says:

AAAWWWW YEAAAAHHH!!!!!! Ronda vs Gina…Wet t-shirt throwdown goin 190MPH+….

• darth_irritable says:

Well, Gina died in Fast 6, so silicone notwithstanding, the wet t-shirt contest is probably gonna go rousey’s way…

• SBERG says:

They brought back Michelle Rodriguez, right? Sooooooo…They can bring back Gina too….Wow …Gina, Ronda and Michelle…Now we’re talking….lol

• MCM says:

Am I the only one that doesn’t watch the Fast and Furious movies? I just can’t stand looking at Paul Walker’s douche face for more than a few seconds.

• AlphaOmega says:

I’ve only seen the Tokyo Drift movie MCM, and the only reason for that was I was spending 3 days at a friends house and had to chose to watch it over and over, or Broke Back Mountain.

• hindsightufuk says:

gotta admit i enjoyed Fast 5, pure dumb entertaining action.
    i did then watch Fast6 and it was woeful.
    Gina Carano is so lacking in any charisma its unbelievable, and thats just as a real person. she is so thick its scary. at least when fighting you didnt have to listen to her speak.

what was that other film she was in with the big fella, Channum whatever? that opening scene was possibly the most wooden acting between two people in the entire history of cinema

i actually cant bear the thought of watching Ronda in a film

• SBERG says:

Admit it you watched all of the Fast and furious movies ……I did.
    Ya think they put Gina in the movie cause they wanted a oscar nomination?
    The movie with Channing Taum was Haywire and you watched that too…
    And your gonna watch Expendables 3 …..
    Me personally , I love these kinds of movies….CAUSE THEY’RE MOVIES!!!!!..It’s not supposed to be serious with this kind of genre.
    As good as Lincoln was , I saw it and I’m done with it. Daniel Day-Lewis was amazing but I won’t watch it again.
    Now if Mom and Dad save the Planet is on, I’m all over it every time cause it’s hysterical and it has John Lovitz as Lord Todd…
    Castaway with Tom Hanks was awesome. Saw it once, that’s enough. But if Chronicles of Riddick is on I’ll watch it time and time again……It’s just entertainment folks..nothing more…

• hindsightufuk says:

i did watch em all but Fast 5 was the only one i enjoyed and rewatch

i got angry seeing Gina Caranos fat fucking wooden head, i got angry watching a film with all the greatest living action movie stars with a script so fuck awful that its unbearable to watch, i got angry watching its sequel cos even after the first one being so bad they added more action heros (where was Carl Weathers?) and it was even fucking worse, and i’ll get angry seeing Ronda Rousey pout her way though a movie while getting Vin Diesel in a triangle.

I like my Blaxploitation and hammer horror, Burt Reynolds and Chevy Chase, Richord Pryor and Gene Hackman, anything with Denzel. except when he makes english movies with a mockney accent.

oh and i didnt make it through haywire, got about 30 mins and guess what, got angry, turned it off

• SBERG says:

So you got angry watching Expendables 1 but you still watched 2?
    Yet your still gonna watch 3? Knowing your gonna be angry before you even see it?
    Your gonna watch the next F&F knowing your gonna be angry watching it also?
    The levels of contradictive absurdity are mindblowing!!!!!
    You didn’t like Idiocracy either, right?… “Welocme to Costco, I love you”
    As far as the other stuff you mentioned….I like that stuff and all those actors so were good there…lol

• darth_irritable says:

Hindsight, you may want to just give up on any post-90’s movies. When Justin Timberlake is the star of an action film, you know that hollywoods testicles have collectively retracted.

I think the giveaway was that almost all the stars you cited look like they need walking frames.

*cough cough* Chevy Chase *cough cough*

• hindsightufuk says:

Sberg yep i’ll still watch em, i went into Fast5 knowing it would suck but it was awesome fun, so i cant miss out on a movie just in case. Same with Expendables, at some point a semi decent director will get hold of the franchise and make it at least slightly entertaining

didnt see Idiocracy no, should i? someone compared it Office Space which was some funny shit

i love the Bourne & Dark Knight movies though, could watch them over and over. thats my sort of action film these days. if not i’ll stick with 70’s schtick and fuck all ya’ll!

• SBERG says:

Geeezzz your easy to set off ……Anyway I liked everything you just named…I always liked over-budgeted sci-fi blockbusters as well as mid and low budget b movies….Heck I like just about anything as long as it makes me laugh….and you should see Idiocracy, as dumb as it may seem it’s really good. Lots of good one liners in it.

• SBERG says:

@ darth… I liked IN TIME. I’ll give Timberlake credit..though it’s hard to shake the image of him in a boy band he’s turned into a pretty decent actor. Alpha Dog was good…Black Snake Moan was good…Love Guru sucked balls but that wasn’t his fault.

• hindsightufuk says:

i’ll start watching damn near anything but i dont always make it through.

I do have a really guilty fascination with Asylum movies and bad creature features/disaster movies though. Airline Disaster is classic

re Justin Timberlake, Bad Teacher was funny, and his new movie Runner Runner looks pretty fly

• SBERG says:

Not gonna lie dude I’m hooked on SYFY channel movies- Sharknado, Megapython vs Gatoroid, Dinocroc vs Supergator and how can I leave out Piranhaconda…..stuff like that. I’ve always been a movie buff, Comedys,scifi, just about anything except chic flicks.
    I’ve actually had breakups with girlfriends because I won’t watch a chic flick….A man has to have some damn standards..lol

• SBERG says:

I gave everyone a thumbs up…this turned into a good thread…lol

• MCM says:

this thread got crazy.

For the record, I watched the first and 3rd FnF. I love me some Vin Diesel and love me some Expendables. I can’t wait for RIDDICK but I’ll never be completely satisfied with the Expendable franchise until Vin Diesel and Wesley Snipes are in it. I understand good, fun, shut your brain off, movies, but I feel the same way about Paul Walker that hindsight feels about Gina (I feel that way about Gina too.) so I just can’t sit through something I know I’m gonna hate.

And Justin Timberlake is everything you’re supposed to hate, but I can’t help liking him anyway. He’s just so damned talented.

• SBERG says:

Welcome to the madness my friend…Welcome….
    The new Riddick looks freaking REDONKULOUS!!!!
    I go to a website called comingsoon.net for all my movie fix needs…..really good site…Has info on everything that’s coming up…

• hindsightufuk says:

you know what, i loved Pitch Black, i was living in Australia around the time it came out and it got so much love for being an Aussie sci fi movie with balls. loved everything about it, but Chronicles i never dared watch cos i didnt want it to ruin the original. I watched the anime, but not the movie, maybe its time before the next one comes out.

best job i ever had was in Aus, worked on a stall in shopping malls selling videos and dvd’s with a guy who used to train mma years before it was cool and a stand up comic. all we did was steal videos, money and talk about movies. shit was awesome

• darth_irritable says:

hindsight – was that Jason Ellis?

• SBERG says:

@ hind …..Watch Chronicles of Riddick already…It’s worth the watch….The story is a bit campy but it’s still good…