Mo Lawal-Emanuel Newton rematch added to Bellator PPV

Mo Lawal-Emanuel Newton rematch added to Bellator PPV

Bellator’s first dip into the PPV pool is starting to take form thanks to the addition of another bout headed to the event’s main card. According to an official press release, light heavyweight title-contender Muhammed Lawal will mix it up with Emanuel Newton in a rematch of a fight from February seeing “King Mo” KO’d thanks to a perfectly-placed Spinning Backfist. However, this time around an interim belt will be up for grabs. Both fighters were already in line for a crack at divisional gold after winning recent tournaments but will face off against each other instead as a means of allowing linear champion Attila Vegh to heal up from a shoulder injury.

“Listen, I’m going to be real honest about this. Emanuel is fake as hell,” said Lawal in an official statement. “He runs his mouth about being a black skinhead or something, and likes to act real hard. He’s as hard as baby sh*t. I’m going to destroy this guy. He landed a shot on me in our first fight, nothing more than that. I’m better than him in every facet of the game. I didn’t even shoot on him that first fight. I can take this fight anywhere I want it, and I will. It’s over. I’m taking that belt in Long Beach, bringing it back to Las Vegas, and no one is getting it back. Not Vegh, Not Rampage. Not Tito, not anyone. It’s mine. Payback is bitch, Emanuel.”

Lawal holds an overall record of 11-2 including past victories over Roger Gracie and Gegard Mousasi. He is currently on a two-fight winning streak including consecutive finishes of Jacob Noe and Seth Petruzelli.

The 21-7-1 Newton has eleven stoppages to his credit and has come out with his hand raised eight of the last nine times he’s taken to the cage. He was last seen outpointing Mikhail Zayats in March.

Bellator: Rampage vs. Tito is headlined by a bout between MMA legends Quinton Jackson and Tito Ortiz. Lightweight champion Michael Chandler is also scheduled to defend his belt on the card against returning veteran Eddie Alvarez.

• SBERG says:

The banner is actually funny……..It’s amazing how many levels of the who cares factor they hit on here…

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I’m surprised they didn’t use a still shot of the Spinning Back Fist instead of a well-defended jab. Pretty much the whole reason for the rematch, no?

• darth_irritable says:

That and Mo’s high price tag

• hindsightufuk says:

the picture of Emanuel Newton hugging Mo on the ground as the ref steps in is priceless. Should have used that.
    I have nothing against King Mo but this stinks, way to convenient for Vegh to get injured and need so long out, and i really hope Emanuel stomps the black off him.

• THEGUNNER says:

As long as we dont have to see newton do his stupid crunk dance im good.

• Angry Mike says:

I might pay a little bit of money for this ppv just to see if Mo keeps his hands up this time, or if he doubles down on stupid.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Why all the hate on Bellator lately-as someone who trains with up and coming fighters often-I hope bellator survives-seems to me they are doing good so far-I think this pay per view is going to be great and I like the fact that they aren”t going to do PPV’s too often-kind of brings the excitement level back

• darth_irritable says:

Tito – Y U show up as a heel on TNA?