UFC Fight Night: Shogun Vs Sonnen Live Weigh In Results

UFC Fight Night: Shogun Vs Sonnen

UFC Fight Night: Shogun Vs Sonnen takes place this weekend, and the fighters will hit the scales today at 4:00 PM EST. In the main event, Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua will take on Chael Sonnen in a five round bout. The trash talk is over, and that means the only thing left to do is fight. The last time the UFC was in Boston was for UFC 118: Edgar Vs Penn II at the TD Garden, and that is where this card will be as well.

We will be posting live results as the come in, and you can head over here if you want to watch them live.

UFC Fight Night: Shogun Vs Sonnen
Date: August 17, 2013
Location: Boston, Massachusetts / Venue: TD Garden

Main Card

Mauricio Rua (205 lbs) vs. Chael Sonnen (205 lbs)
Travis Browne (236 lbs) vs. Alistair Overeem (255.5 lbs)
Yuri Alcantara (136 lbs) vs. Urijah Faber (135.5 lbs)
Matt Brown (171 lbs) vs. Mike Pyle (170 lbs)
Uriah Hall (184 lbs) vs. John Howard (185 lbs)
Michael Johnson (156 lbs) vs. Joe Lauzon (155 lbs)

Preliminary Card

Michael McDonald (135.5 lbs) vs. Brad Pickett (135.5 lbs)
Max Holloway (145 lbs) vs. Conor McGregor (146 lbs)
Mike Brown (145.5 lbs) vs. Steven Siler (145.5 lbs)
Diego Brandao (146 lbs) vs. Daniel Pineda (144.5 lbs)
Manny Gamburyan (145.5 lbs) vs. Cole Miller (146 lbs)
Cody Donovan (204 lbs) vs. Ovince St. Preux (205.5 lbs)
Ramsey Nijem (156 lbs) vs. James Vick (155 lbs)

• SBERG says:

It’s amazing how Soft Reem looks when he’s not juiced out of his mind…….and Rua has no chest… I mean really the man has no chest….

• Richard Stabone says:

Huh?

• SBERG says:

You didn’t watch the weigh ins?

• Richard Stabone says:

Nope just the photos…looks like the usual Reem to me.

Pyle’s mullet is in beautiful form.

• SBERG says:

Reem looked soft as hell….I kinna went WOW…I’m not saying he wasn’t big, I mean he’s 255 but no where near as ripped as what you normally see. Da mullet was funny. And Rua just looks awkward….has arms, head, legs and a giant flat spot between both arms , stretching from his neck to his belly button…

• MCM says:

Yeah, I agree with you SBERG. Reem definitely looks softer. He’s no Daniel Cormier, but he looked soft compared to his earlier weigh ins.

And Hapa only weighing in at 236lb?!? Jesus, that guy could make LHW if he tried. Imagine that behemoth smashing guys at 205.

• GIKE MOLDBERG says:

Absolute first thought that entered my mind too SBERG-definite reduction in HGH very clear-as far as Travis Browne and his weight goes-I think he is as lean as he is going to get at two hundred and thirty some odd pounds-that being said-look for him to literally run circles around Overreem and really come out as the clear future of the division

• darth_irritable says:

That doesn’t sound like HGH. Neither of those guys has the distended gut look that HGH tends to bring. They both look look like regular old anabolics.

I really like GSP, but lately he’s started to show the Growth-Gut that HGH tends to lead to. I really hope I’m wrong and it’s just mighty core training, but I do worry.

HGH is hard to detect BTW – at least if they use the variant pulled from human cadavers – because it’s naturally occurring. I don’t think they yet have a test for it.

• SBERG says:

Happy day in my neck of the woods…..Fox Sports 1 is on air in Sunny Isles Beach Fl. Negotiations between Fox and Atlantic Broadband finally got worked out and we are in business!!!!!!! Brian Stann is doing coverage on other sports besides MMA. Good for him, he has a bright future in broadcasting.

• Richard Stabone says:

I watched a replay of the weigh-in video… yeah, Reem does look less lean when he’s not flexed up. But I don’t think that’s going to stop him from taking care of Browne tonight. Would be a huge win for Browne though if he can pull it off.

• SBERG says:

Hope he does pull it off….I just can’t see Reem not getting hit….And I believe once he does he’s going out. Yes anyone can knock out anyone in the big boy division but Reem’s chin is weaker than most so I really believe Browne puts him out.

• Richard Stabone says:

I’m making my Reem pick with ~80% confidence. I’m looking forward to that one more than the main event (and mcgregor-Holloway, Pickett-McDonald, Brown-Pyle, and probably Lauzon too).

Hope the event/results article goes up soon so we can get our expert picks in the comments!

• SBERG says:

I was wondering where that article was too…lol…..The card has been good so far.. the online fights weren’t bad at all

• Richard Stabone says:

Helluva comeback by Pineda but he needed to finish that shiz in the 2nd.

• SBERG says: