TUF 18: Team Rousey-Team Tate Episode 2 Preview

The Ultimate Fighter season 18 officially begins TONIGHT (9/11/13) on Fox Sports 1 at 10pm EST/7pm PT for the second episode. All contestants have fought their way into the house, and now it’s time for them to show the viewers at home what they are made of.

Tonight’s fight was chosen by Team Rousey, which will feature her number one pick Shayna Baszler, going against Team Tate’s Julianna Pena.

• fanoftna33 says:

Pretty good episode, was so happy to see Shayna lose this fight as ALL she did was talk talk talk about how much better she is and how she has been fighting for years and fought in warehouses in front on 10 people for gas money. You could tell by the end of round 1 though she didnt have half the heart Julianna did and thats why she lost. Then for her to come out with a blog saying she only lost because she wasnt up for the fight because it was a glorified sparring session is a complete cop out..I still repsect her but am not a fan anymore, and Rousey sayiny Meisha will pay for laughing at her friends pain, what a total whack job she is.

• MCM says:

Yep. Now I understand why Rousey came out early with damage control do to her portrayal on TUF. She comes across as a total dick. I had no problem with her feeling the pain of Shayna’s loss, but thinking Meisha was smiling at her pain instead of smiling at Pena’s win is just childish.

Too bad the preview ruined the fight by saying “one of the most shocking battles…”. Once I heard that I knew Baszler was gonna lose.

• fanoftna33 says:

Yep I was hoping the whole time for Julianna to win because of that promo. Still it was a good first round and if Shayna was a little bit tougher mentally I think she could have won it, but she fell back on excuses. I didnt even think she was putting out damage control early good call MCM, it makes more sense now.

• AlphaOmega says:

Ya she’s put out interview after interview trying to say that they will edit it to make her look worse and more psycho and stuff like that. That tells me she’s really afraid of a lot of the stuff people will see, especially later in the season. This is also my opinion without ever watching TUF yet, I have no desire to see it, or the past ones, that desire kinda ended pretty quickly after the Kimbo year.

• fanoftna33 says:

Yeah Rhonda comes off as completly crazy so far, I mean I would even call her tri-polar as she is just beyond anything I expected so far.

• SBERG says:

Ehh who cares how she comes across on the show…..Have you seen her Maxim spread? lol