World Series of Fighting made its way to the Revel Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey to put on their fifth event since the organization sprouted in late 2012.
Here’s what happened
- Andrei Arlovski vs. Mike Kyle: Arlovski via Unanimous Decision
- Dave Branch vs. Danillo Villefort: Branch via Unanimous Decision
- Elvis Mutapcic vs. Jesse Taylor: Fight was cancelled by the commission
- Derrick Mehmen vs. Rolles Gracie: Mehmen via knockout @ 2:40 of Round Two
- Georgi Karakhanyan vs. Waylon Lowe: Karakhanyan via guillotine choke @ 3:37 of Round One
Winners in bold…
Rick Glenn vs. Artur Rofi –Unanimous Decision
Ozzy Dugulubgov vs. Andrew Osbourne –Submission @ 1:12 of Round Two
Richard Patishnock vs. Gregor Gracie –Unanimous Decision
Jimmie Rivera vs. Sidemar Honorio –Unanimous Decision
Neiman Gracie vs. Darren Costa –Armbar @ 3:57 of Round One
Note from the commission on Mutapcic vs. Taylor: Mutapcic apparently had some non-prescribed prescription pills on him during the physical that raised a red flag.
“There were some prescriptions that weren’t given to our doctors during the physicals and that weren’t approved by us, the commission. So since we don’t know what they are and what they do, we cancelled the fight.
“We can’t take that chance to have that fight go off, so those things need to be looked at, and they need to be talked about. We just feel that we’re not going to have a fight in New Jersey when we don’t know what someone is taking.”