Carlos Condit Fighting Matt Brown Next

Carlos Condit

If the line-up for UFC on FOX 9 still wasn’t looking promising in your opinion, well, try to make that argument to your MMA pals now. The UFC has announced that the latest addition to the December 14th card is Matt  Brown versus Carlos Condit. Now that’s a welterweight bout that has “Fight of the Night” written all over it.

The announcement comes not long after Condit relayed that he was interested in fighting the surging Brown, who has now won six straight bouts. Most recently “The Immortal” quickly put away Mike Pyle with strikes at UFC FN 26, to record his fifth stoppage win during that stretch. Some of the other men the rugged vet has defeated as of late include Jordan Mein, Mike Swick and Stephen Thompson. The ridiculously impressive run has moved Brown into the #10 slot in the UFC’s welterweight ranks.

Condit (29-7), meanwhile, is coming off a memorable, fourth round stoppage win over Martin Kampmann at UFC 2N7, to avenge his previous split decision loss to the vet. The victory ended a two fight losing streak for the “Natural Born Killer”, but those were UD losses to champion Georges St. Pierre and #1 contender Johny Hendricks. So, there’s not a lot of shame in that. Prior to those defeats, the #2 ranked Condit worked his way to a decision win over Nick Diaz last February to take the promotion’s interim belt.

That’s a fight that should be a doozy and is a huge one for both men. So to recap, UFC on FOX 9 is set to feature Pettis-Thomson, Mendes-Lentz, Faber-McDonald, Lauzon-Danzig, Jorgensen-McCall and Condit-Brown…thus far. Not bad for a non-PPV card.

(Article originally posted at Caged Insider.com)

• fanoftna33 says:

Man is this another stacked card or what. I like Condit here but Brown is so hot right now this may be the perfect time for him to take on Condit.

• AlphaOmega says:

I thought Condit was pushing for a rematch with Rory?

• stone says:

I think Rory & Robbie Lawler are already booked

• THEGUNNER says:

Rorys fightin lawler on the gsp card. I agree with this fight. Good matchup. gonna be hard to ko condit so I see condit taking the w by ref stoppage. w or l id like to see brown fight another top ten or five guy.

• THEGUNNER says:

time to make another top five fantastic fights booked for ufc on fox 9. Lol. Id say put this as co main event so second to last on the list.

• MCM says:

I know people are hot on Brown right now and he had a great 2012-13, but let’s not forget that he’s not that far from being a 50/50 fighter and was one fight away from getting cut before this streak. When Mike Pyle is the biggest name in your W column, it doesn’t scream World Beater. I still think Thiago Alves was the best fight for Brown, but since Condit called for this (good call Carlos, take the easy win), I’m fine with it.

Condit Sub rnd 1

• stone says:

I agree with MCM… Easy win for Condit. I honestly believe Condit is the solid #2 in the division. He might beat GSP if they ever fight again. (key word MIGHT)

• hindsightufuk says:

two guys i love to watch fight, last time that happened (Diaz/Condit), Condit fucked it up for everyone.
    Hopefully he comes to fight again like he has been recenetly. and like MCM i’d take Carlos by sub, though i just want to see a good fight and may the best man on the night win

• moosebaby02 says:

I hate to say it cause I love both guys but I have to go with MCM on the easy call out. Condit will win here. Brown doesn’t have what he needs to take this one. The streak ends here

• SBERG says:

Tough fight for Matt…I like him alot, freakin warrior, but Condit has a ton of length on him and will most certainly stay outside. If Matt can’t get in on him he’s in for a long night.

• fanoftna33 says:

I am with you Hindsight, the Condit Diaz fight was the only time I have ever seen Condit fight that way ( think Bisping vs Leben) and it sucked, but any other time he is amazing to watch.