10 Quotes from Jon Jones-Alexander Gustafsson on Their UFC 165 Scrap

Before the bout was even booked, fans were already locked in to the idea of UFC light heavyweight champ Jon Jones (18-1) and top contender Alexander Gustafsson (15-1) eventually fighting one another, and neither competitor disagreed with the notion. Both are the same age, can attack from outside most opponents’ range, have outclassed some impressive adversaries, and are seen as two of the brightest young stars on the organization’s roster. With the clash around the corner, it’s time to take a look back at a few notable quotes from Jones and Gustafsson on the topic of their showdown this Saturday night at UFC 165… (Photos by USA Today Sports Images)

• hindsightufuk says:

you guys realize you are alienating what was left of your dwindling readers with all these lists.

Can you at least offer an explanation as to why there is no real content for us to read any more?

you must realize some of us have been around here in one guise or another for longer than the current writers (some of us are still owed Barnett/Fedor t-shirts!), at the very least we deserve to know why the site has gone to shit

• SBERG says:

I just want clash of the captions back…that was fun..

• waitetr says:

Agreed with both. While not a highly active commenter I’ve been coming here for at least 5+ years and used to really like it but as of late there’s been nothing really drawing me in as these lists are boring, tiresome and really add very little value to the site.

• fanoftna33 says:

YES Hindsight I still wish I had that shirt as well, not so upset about it but damm I wanted that shirt just because it was Fedor vs Barnett. I still wonder what would have happened in that fight.

• darth_irritable says:

Barnett takes Fedor down, flails his flabby arms a bit in an attempt at ground and pound, then Fedor pulls a belly down armbar out his ass.

Later that evening, Barnett pisses hot, and Fedor smiles mysteriously, and fades into the shadows.

• THEGUNNER says:

The comments shouldnt be better than the read itself. I read the post then I enjoy the comments. Id like to go back to enjoying the reads to.