6 UFC Feuds that Boiled Over

Most Mixed Martial Artists enter match-ups with the mindset of the fight being a professional matter rather than a means of settling a personal vendetta. However, bouts occasionally come with bad blood between the involved participants and in the blink of an eye things can turn nasty. While boxing has its fair share of ugly incidents, the UFC is not without its own blemishes when it comes to competitors taking things a step or two over the line based on genuine dislike of a peer. Even as recently as this weekend, Wanderlei Silva and Chael Sonnen nearly threw down outside of the Octagon. (Photos by USA Today Sports Images)

• Creature says:

Good list, but I feel as though Chuck/Tito should have been on it.

• Brendhan Conlan says:

I thought about it but I didn’t remember things ever getting TOO crazy between them. It was a great rivalry in general though, no question about it. Maybe the best ever.

• MCM says:

I’d have put GSP/BJ on it over Kos/Dailey. That shit went to court and someone’s MOTHER was involved!

• fanoftna33 says:

Lesnar- Mir was a great one, but personally I loved Hughes GSP. Now Matt wasn’t as bad as Kos but he did like to stir the shit and GSP was sure fired up to thrash him.

• darth_irritable says:

Unless someone utters the phrase “You’re a nasty bastard and your mama said so”, no feud can be classified as boiled over IMHO.

I’d also say that Joe Son v the legal system should go in here.

• raker says:

I’d consider Dana vs Couture and probably even more so, Dana vs Tito. Tito wearing the t-shirt to the weigh ins saying that Dana was his bitch was priceless.