UFC 166’s Biggest Losers: What’s Next?

Based on the number of knockouts and the amount of blood shed there were obviously some serious losers last weekend when it came to the lineup for UFC 166. Though the show was highly memorable for fans, it should ultimately stand out for a couple of fighters as well whose heads are now on the chopping block as a result of their in-ring stumbles. That being said, a few of the less fortunate competitors are sure to be back in the Octagon come 2014 and ready to show their recent stumbles were simply speed-bumps rather than indicative of their future prospects. (Photos by USA Today Sports Images)

• fanoftna33 says:

I like these articles but it is BS to put them out where the readers cannot acually read the entire article because of the damm ads, I am cool with ads but if they get in the way of the article then both seem a bit pointless, right?

• Brendhan Conlan says:

Agreed, though I don’t have that problem. Which ad is messing you up?

• fanoftna33 says:

Solar panels, I phone ads, etc. it is the short ads that take over the bottom of the article.

• AlphaOmega says:

Are you on Chrome fan? Chrome seems to be the one having the problem with ads

• MCM says:

Popup adds are an issue with most sites. Firefox and adblocker on a Mac do well for me, but even I’ve had a few issues. (not this one though)

Back to the article.

G-Sot should consider retirement. I don’t see why WSOF of Bellator would pick him up and at his age, with his miles, it might be a good idea to consider calling it quit anyways. He’s got a good name back home and with the national exposure on TUF should be able to open up a gym or two.

Nate’s going to WSOF. Not confirmed, just a gut feeling.

I like Jordan vs Schaub or even Big Country. Damn we need a Cruiserweight division though.

Diego vs Varner or Guillard. I know people love the guy, but he’s not top ten and shouldn’t be getting fights with guys that are (or soon will be).

I know I mentioned that Big Country might get cut in the other thread, but the more I think about it, the more I don’t see it happening. Dana brought back Tito after Tito lost 5 in a row and hadn’t won a fight in years. And he paid him in the mid 6 figures to do it. Why? Cause Tito put butts in seats. Nelson still puts butts in seats. He’s a pain in the ass, won’t ever be a top contender, still doesn’t take his job seriously and people fucking love him. He still gets the biggest cheers during the walk outs and can still knock out anyone in the middle of the pack at HW. Bottom line: he’s a good return on investment. One or two more losses and that might change.

JDS…….see Cruiserweight suggestion.

• fanoftna33 says:

Dont think I am on chrome but I will check for sure.

• darth_irritable says:

Chrome’s a freaking nightmare with this site now :(

• joe mo mma says:

it’s a shame that Marquardt will most likely be let go. i think everyone had high hopes for him when he moved down to 170. I was hoping this fight with Lombard would be similar to the Woodley fight, but.. oh well. I’d be down for a Marquardt vs. Fitch bout tho.