TUF 18 Winner Pena Blasts Rousey: She Acts “Like Her S–t Don’t Stink”

Julianna Pena

It was huge night for Julianna Pena at the TUF 18 Finale, as the bantamweight quickly took Jessica Rakoczy to the mat, and finished the fight with a barrage of strikes from above. While after the bout Pena was naturally asked about becoming “The Ultimate Fighter”, not surprisingly, the 24 year-old was also asked about recent comments she directed at opposing coach Ronda Rousey.

If you missed, just a couple of days ago, Pena said that she thinks Rousey is “pretentious” and a “spoiled brat.” So what did the 24 year-old have to say about “Rowdy” last night in Las Vegas? Have a look (comments via MMA Fighting.com):

“Whether Ronda has one penny or $10 million, the point I was trying to make there is she has her nose in the air and she acts like she’s better than everyone else,” Pena said. “She went on the show being like, ‘I’m Team Real Mean versus Fake Nice.’ Well if she was so real, why didn’t she tell me that I didn’t deserve to breathe the same air as Shayna Baszler? Why didn’t see tell me that to my face instead of saying it on camera behind my back?

“It’s her arrogance. It’s the way she holds herself, like her s–t don’t stink. That was the point I was trying to make. It doesn’t have anything to do with money. It’s the way that she acts.”

Clearly winning a six figure contract with the UFC hasn’t changed Pena’s mind about the promotion’s women’s bantamweight champ. It should be noted that prior to last night’s fight, Rakoczy stook up for Rousey, by saying Pena hadn’t seen the other, kinder side of the champion.

If Pena can score some big wins in early 2014, you have to wonder if a rivalry with Rousey could really kick off.  Of course, that would likely require Pena to be in title contention, and when asked what it will take to reach that point, the bantamweight stated:

“I’m probably like two or three fights away,” Pena said. “Maybe one. Maybe they’ll put me up against the next champ right after this. Who knows? It’s not my decision.”

Next up for Rousey is a second scrap with Miesha Tate, which will go down December 28th at UFC 168 in Las Vegas.

• Screenplaya says:

I think Rousey is one of those people who has an un-evolved view the in-group/out-group dynamic. She seems to see everything as “us versus them” and in the bleakest, black-white terms. It makes her say and do asinine things. Unless she grows out of that (and her mom appears to be the same way, so don’t hold your breath) I can’t see myself ever cheering for her.

• SBERG says:

And what is she gonna say about Ronda after Ronda subs her in the first round by armbar?

• darth_irritable says:

“Can I have the other part of my arm back please?”

• SBERG says:

I was thinking more along the lines of ..” OOOWWWWW!!!!”…

• raker says:

I remember even before TUF 18 debuted, Ronda was already in damage control mode and wondering how editors were going to portray her. If she was worried then that tells me that she knew she acted like an ass. As it turned out, she did. That interview with Anik between Rousey and Tate the other night showed to me what a spoiled brat she is. She lacks the professionalism of every single one of the other champions. I’m hoping Tate knocks her down a peg or two.

• SBERG says:

Wake up dude…Tate is gonna get steamrolled again….and if they throw Pena in there she’ll get wrecked too..
    Whether you like Ronda or not ( you don’t) she’s light years above everyone else right now….I dont like her attitude much either but shes the top dog and earned it….What has Tate done? Jack Squat!!!!!!…..She got subbed by Ronda once and lost to Zigano and was gift wrapped a title shot based on Zigano being hurt….Tate earned nothing. And when the fight is over she’ll be lucky if her arm is in one piece.

• THEGUNNER says:

Even though cyborg would get arm barred in the first round id still like to see her get off the juice adjust her weght and challenge rhonda.

• SBERG says:

Cyborg won’t cut weight….This discussion has been beat to death many times….she was offered the chance and flat out refused. Were talking 10 pounds and she refused….let her rot in Invicta.

• Angry Mike says:

Everyone can be beaten. All it takes is the right opponent with the right skill set and the right game plan. With regard to Rousey, it’ll take a proficient striker with ko power and good defensive grappling. Off the top of my head, I don’t know who that would be. Women’s MMA is still pretty new, so there’s more new talent every day. Pena might get there some day, but her striking is still rough. Too much bull rushing and not enough head movement or feints.

• raker says:

@SBERG…

Wake up? How about you learn to read. I said I HOPE Tate knocks her down a peg or two, not that she was actually going to. It’s ok to dream though.

I have to be honest, your tone is different than most posters here and I’m not a fan of it.

• SBERG says:

Your a sensitive one aren’t ya…..just can’t handle someone not agreeing with your train of thought.
    I told you before i don’ t mind being the antagonist, it moves the posts along. As far as you not being a fan…wow… what am i gonna do?…Lifes hard buddy wear a helmet!!!!
    I saw what you said and read it fine and commented accordingly….
    Geezz this is almost as funny as your “Thumbs” comment the other day…that one still makes me laugh…

• raker says:

You are antagonistic and, like I said, I don’t care for it. One of the things that I’ve read on here from time to time is that you don’t get the flame wars like you do in other sites. I like the healthy discussion and debate, not insults as to what I’m saying like telling me to wake up. Take that shit to sherdog.

I don’t have a problem with anyone disagreeing but..

1. Don’t insult me
    2. Be clear on my point or, as you say it, my train of thought, before you reply. You didn’t disagree with what I said cause I never said that Tate was gonna win.

I said before that I referred to the thumbs as support for our points in our discussion. And as it stands now I’ve got 2 thumbs down for my last reply to you. So maybe I am being sensitive in the eyes of others too. I can’t think of another purpose for the thumbs other than to let is know if we’re on track in the opinions of others or not. If I’m wrong or being insensitive I won’t have any trouble admitting it. As it stands now though, I don’t appreciate your tone.

• Angry Mike says:

Hug it out and move on, guys.

• SBERG says:

Ok so when you say you hope she knocks her down a peg, that means what?….You know she’s gonna lose but…..? And I never insulted you… sure I’m pushing buttons but I never made a personal remark about you, Just your reactions. Your being overly sensitive to a internet conversation. And no that isn’t a insult , that’s just a observation. Kinda like you not approving of my “Tone”.
    Again you can’t handle someone disagreeing with your point of view. I think that’s why your here. Like I’ve said in the past there’s only what, 7 or 8 people that post here? Hooray for you that 6 of them hit the thumbs up button for you when you post, just awesome. Sorry if I wanna stir the pot a bit. Just comment and move on. Or ignore my comments and move on but we both know you can’t do that….The more you react to it the more I wanna push to see where it goes ….It’s words on a screen , nothing more. This site needs a little controversy, Just too bland.
    As for your Knocking down a peg statement… that makes no sense. That’s why I reacted to it. Again you want her knocked down but you don’t think Tate will win? Huh? You don’t like Ronda and just want to see others agree with you. I don’t agree.
    As I stated I’m not a fan of her mouth but she’s got the goods to back it up so more power to her. Anyway Enjoy your evening and can’t wait for your response….You know you can’t help yourself…

• raker says:

I can ignore your comments but I’m not going to. Can’t help myself? Whatever!

I HOPE Meisha wins and knocks her down a peg but she probably won’t. I don’t know that Ronda is going to win anymore than I knew that Weidman was gonna KO Silva. Anything can happen and there are odds and probabilities in any sporting event. I don’t see why that is hard to understand. It makes perfect sense. It doesn’t make sense to you so you, in your words, reacted to it. Don’t push buttons, don’t stir the pot, don’t create controversy and if the site is too bland then maybe it’s not for you. Words on a screen? I know of a girl named Amanda Todd who killed herself because of words on a screen. That argument doesn’t work.

• Screenplaya says:

I am with Raker in hoping that Miesha beats the pulp outta that pouty whiner Rousey. Of course, that doesn’t change the almost certain fact that Rousey is gonna leave the octagon with the belt and an extra arm….

Also, checking the “Agree/Disagree” stats, this SBERG character is quite unpopular. Then again, that is his/her intention, so what more is there to say?

• THEGUNNER says:

Who doesnt want to see rousy get beat up then no be ablt to handle a loss. Moesha probobly wont do it but we ve seen crazy stuff in the cage and it just takes a mistake to lose.

• THEGUNNER says:

And my phone seems to have a mind of its own. Thats not be able to handle it and meisha not moesha.. Lol