Dana White: UFC 168 Price Increase Not A Big Deal

Dana White: UFC 168 Price Increase Not A Big Deal

UFC president Dana White doesn’t believe the decision to push the price tag for UFC 168 up a few dollars will hurt the pay-per-view sales.

It was recently announced by several satellite PPV providers that the cost for the year-end event would be increased by about $5. It features two title fights between Chris Weidman and Anderson Silva, and Ronda Rousey and Miesha Tate.

“It’s five bucks,” said White, over the weekend. “Get a couple more friends, have them come over.”

If you are concerned about the price increase, White did state it is a one-time thing.

“Just for that fight,” he said. “Some guys got together in the office and decided.”

The card takes place December 28 from Las Vegas. Along with the UFC middleweight and female bantamweight titles on the line, Josh Barnett faces Travis Browne in a key heavyweight collision.

• moosebaby02 says:

Nothing like a millionaire telling us an increase in his product is not s big deal. Hey Uncle Dana if it’d not such s big deal why not increase the price for all your PPV??? Just be a man an just tell us it’s a one time cash grab to line your pockets while you can with the card you put together which isn’t all that impressive. There is only one fight on this card I care about. There is no way he is going to justify the increase has something to do with the quality of the fights on this card. There has been way better ones on free TV.
    Anyone with common sense can pretty much foresee how all the fights are going to go. It’s the main fight we all want to see and that’s why after all this bitching and complaining I will be spending the extra $5 and ordering this card cause I have to see this fight.

• hindsightufuk says:

Makes the decision sound even more cuntish, I dont ever share download links but I sure will for this one

• raker says:

I would find it easier to take if they raised the price of a PPV event permanently rather than once in an obvious cash grab from their loyal fans. A mass boycott of this event is something that I’d like to see and would support but that’s not likely because the fans aren’t unified and will continue to pay.

• THEGUNNER says:

What makes dana think I want a group full of people at my house pitching in anyway? When u order the ufc every month 5 $ does matter. Why not take 5 $ off for us. Greedy bastards.

• darth_irritable says:

Cuntery.

Also my iPhone tried to tell me I meant countertops, not cuntery.

• sdouglasmc says:

So… in the Season of Giving, Mr White not only asks us to buy his PPV but give him an extra $5. Odd. I’m going to try this logic on my wife tonight when the kids go to bed.

• hindsightufuk says:

nice use of the C word Darth, i may have to borrow that from you.

• fanoftna33 says:

Agreed with Raker here, if this was an across the board increase fine I get that prices go up but just for this one fight? And Dana saying to the press when asked “Cuz” thats a bs thing to do to the loyal fan base who made your sport what it is today. CUZ you got a fight that we all want to see isnt a very good reason to decide to make us pay more for it. What about the cards we really dont care that much for, ever though of taking $5 off the price?