Rousey Says TUF 18 Production Crew Made Her Out as “The Villain”

Ronda Rousey

If you watched the latest season of “The Ultimate Fighter”, then depending on your perception of reality, you likely concluded that Ronda Rousey didn’t enjoy being in close proximity to her rival Miesha Tate.

In fact, even if you abandoned watching the show several seasons back, you’ve probably still seen a bazillion TUF 18 and UFC 168 trailers which show Rousey angrily reacting to Tate.

Well, at a recent luncheon with the media in L.A., here is some of what Rousey had to say about how she was portrayed on the show (comments via MMA Fighting.com):

“The experience sucked,” Rousey said. “It wasn’t the perception. Yeah, they needed a villain and they made me fit the role and that’s fine. I wasn’t purposely going out of my way on the set to make these things happen. In hindsight it was a s— experience and it came out terrible for me.”

“We were really mistreated and disrespected by the whole production staff,” Rousey said. “And everybody was going out of their way to get the most dramatic response possible.”

Rousey’s anger doesn’t end with the production crew, however, as she also took aim at Team Tate. For example, the UFC bantamweight champ claims that “They’re like these little b— kids in the classroom making nicey-nicey with the teacher, and then instigating with the other kids as soon as they turn around.”

All the TUF 18 drama aside, the good news is that fans will get to see Rousey and Tate scrap once again at UFC 168 on December 28th. It should be one fun and crazy night.

The event will go down at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

• raker says:

Did they make her out to be a villain or did they see things that they could capitalize on for dramatic effect which cast that kind of light in her? Seems to me that in TUF we get a chance to learn more about the fighters and coaches, and this one was no different.

• darth_irritable says:

I’m 100% sure they did some instigating – and if Rhonda went in thinking they weren’t going to try to create drama, she’s naive.

They can’t make you out to be a hellbitch if you don’t give them material to work with, so there’s that.

• hindsightufuk says:

i would imagine it went more along the lines of…

editing crew sitting around watching the footage, one says ‘oh my god, she is a massive cunt! this will make awesome tv’

and then they showed all the parts where she was acting like a massive cunt

• hindsightufuk says:

some people are just ugly, regardless of their physical appearance, they are just ugly.

• AlphaOmega says:

They showed they wanted it to be more about drama the instant they switched Cat with Tate, and didn’t tell Ronda about it so that they could get her real reaction on camera.

• raker says:

“Yeah, they needed a villain and they made me fit the role and that’s fine. I wasn’t purposely going out of my way on the set to make these things happen.”

Uh huh…

• darth_irritable says:

Alpha – exactly. That moment made me feel like when I saw Showgirls. You just need a shower.

Thanks for the link Raker!

• RicM says:

…yeah sure Rhonda, its ALL the production crew’s fault showing you and your trainer’s absolute shit attitudes……now we’re probably gonna have to suffer thru sad-sack “me against the world” bullshit because TUF showed you out as colossal twat…i wasn’t a Tate fan at all…..until after suffering thru this season of TUF, that is….