UFC 168 Loss Has Miesha Tate “At A Loss For Words”

UFC 168 Loss Has Miesha Tate “At A Loss For Words”

Miesha Tate admitted she wasn’t herself during the UFC 168 post-fight press conference.

Tate suffered a second submission loss to Ronda Rousey, this time in the third round and for the UFC female bantamweight title.

Following her somber answers to questions, Tate took to Twitter to explain herself.

“I’m at a bit of a loss for words but I do know one thing,” she wrote, “I sure have a lot of loving fans, thank you so much and I’m sorry.”

Tate said much the same following the loss, as she became the first fighter to push Rousey past the opening round of action.

• AlphaOmega says:

I’m wondering if she’s going to use the lack of handshake to try and force herself into a third fight

• Angry Mike says:

Her willingness to clinch with Rousey left me speechless. Tate has better striking than Rousey, so why play to Rousey’s dominant strength and grapple? Tate’s strategy made no sense to me.

• AlphaOmega says:

It didn’t and I can’t help but remember some thing that’s always been said, that when a fighter is injured they go back to what their base strength is, and Tate’s base strength is wrestling. Not saying that’s what happened, but it’s possible.

• AlphaOmega says:

Injured could also be replaced with hurt, stunned, rocked, frustrated

• hindsightufuk says:

she’s actually just not that good a fighter is she, Meisha i mean.

I didn’t think Meisha was clearly winning the stand up exchanges, but you would imagine she would prefer to be there than on the ground.

also have to say, much as i dislike everything about Rhonda Rousey outside of fight time, watching her grapple the way she did was outstanding to watch. I love judo and i love bjj, watching those throws and transitions was awesome. shame she’s such a massive cunt the rest of the time

• RicM says:

……bring on Cyborg…….

• Brendhan Conlan says:

- Tate’s stand-up is slightly above-average at best. She has never knocked out a reputable opponent and her last strike-based stoppage came more than four years ago. As was stated, she excels at grappling but obviously that played right into Rousey’s hands.

– I’m still struggling to understand the hate for Rousey’s refusal to shake Tate’s hand while Miesha gets a free pass on calling Rousey a bitch numerous times leading up to the bout. Also, did everyone tune out when Rousey gave Tate full credit for being an amazing fighter after the bout?

– When “Cyborg” decides to cut the act and drop to 135 pounds, yes…bring her on.

• AlphaOmega says:

Because it’s Ronda basically, Tate comes off as all sweet and cute so she gets a pass at everything. Everyone is going to focus on the hand shake and ignore anything she said afterwards, even though to her there was a very good reason not to shake her hand.