The UFC is back in our lives again, this time with UFC on FOX 10, which will see two top lightweights in Benson Henderson and Josh Thompson battle it out on a main event broadcast on the big FOX network. The main card also includes worthy names such as Gabriel Gonzaga, Stipe Miocic and Donald Cerrone, while the prelim card – which will air on FOX Sports 1 – has got the likes of Eddie Wineland, Sergio Pettis and Alex Caceres.
Keep hitting “refresh” on your browser, because coming your way will be updated results from the prelims and play-by-play of the main card. Enjoy!
= = = = = = = = = =
= = = = = = = = = =
-Nikita Krylov vs. Walt Harris
Result: Nikita Krylov def. Walt Harris via TKO (Strikes) at :25, R1
-Mike Rhodes vs. George Sullivan
Result: George Sullivan def. Mike Rhodes via Unanimous Decision
Daron Cruickshank vs. Mike Rio-
Result: Daron Cruickshank def. Mike Rio via TKO (Strikes) at 4:56, R2
-Ramiro Hernandez vs. Hugo Viana
Result: Hugo Viana def. Ramiro Hernandez via Unanimous Decision
-Chico Camus vs. Yaotzin Meza
Result: Chico Camus def. Yaotzin Meza via Unanimous Decision
-Eddie Wineland vs. Yves Jabouin
Result: Eddie Wineland def. Yves Jabouin via TKO (Punches) at 4:16, R2
-Alex Caceres vs. Sergio Pettis
Result: Alex Caceres def. Sergio Pettis via Submission (Rear Naked Choke) at 4:39 in R3
Main Card bouts:
-Darren Elkins vs. Jeremy Stephens
Result: Jeremy Stephens def. Darren Elkins via Unanimous Decision
= = = = = = = = = =
Play by Play:
= = = = = = = = = =
-Donald Cerrone vs. Adriano Martins
- Round One: Martins connects early with a kick to the liver. Cerrone regains composure and lands a series of low kicks from the out side. Martins wades in for a jab to the body and eats a knee from Cerrone. They circle each other with Cerrone continuing to land some hard low kicks. Martins connects with a straight left followed by a right cross. Cerrone was able to secure a take down and lands in full mount – Martins uses slick jiu jitsu to immediately sneak out and back onto his feet. Cerrone has established a jab and his range with his low kicks. Cerrone throws a beautiful high kick that drops Martins. The fight is over!
- Donald Cerrone defeats Adriano Martins via Knock Out (high kick) at 4:40 in Round 1
-Stipe Miocic vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
- Round One: Miocic takes the center of the cage. They exchange low kicks. Gonzaga connects with an overhand right as Miocic comes in with a combination. Gonzaga with another low kick, Miocic responds with one of his own. Miocic starting to work his jab but Gonzaga snaps back with his own jab and follows it by a low kick. Gonzaga landing from the outside with heavy low kicks while finding a home for his overhand right. Miocic continuing to establish his jab. Miocic goes for a low kick but Gonzaga counters with another right landing flush. Gonzaga goes high with the left kick and follows it with a right low kick. Gonzaga shoots for a double leg take down – secures it but Miocic quickly returns to his feet. Gonzaga with another inside low kick.@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 GonzagaRound Two: Miocic take the center once again throwing combinations at a higher volume. Miocic lands a big inside low kick which has Gonzaga shooting in for a double leg – Miocic defends easily. As they scramble to their feet Gonzaga looks for a big high kick but Miocic blocks it. Miocic is turning up the volume with his jab; Gonzaga is looking fatigued. Miocic blocks another high kick and stuffs another take down by Gonzaga. Gonzaga has been circling away and covering up for most of the round looking to land one big overhand right but has lost a lot of his explosiveness and has abandoned his low kicks for the most part. Miocic stuffs another take down and continues to pick apart his opponent.@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 MiocicRound Three: Gonzaga lands another low kick followed by a right but Miocic resumes stalking down Gonzaga and out striking him landing jabs at will while opening up holes for combinations. Miocic is putting on a clinic at this point. Gonzaga finds himself on his back looking to drag Miocic into his world but Miocic is standing over top of him not rushing into anything. He’s dropping some big punches on him but backs out before Gonzaga can string together any calculated grappling moves. Miocic jumps into his half guard landing hammer fists and punches to the body. Gonzaga is eating some big rights. Miocic stands; Gonzaga follows but very slowly. Gonzaga, in the final 10 seconds, looks for a big punch but doesn’t find it.@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 Miocic
- Stipe Miocic def. Gabriel Gonzaga via Unanimous Decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28)
-Benson Henderson vs. Josh Thomson
- Round One: Henderson takes the center of the cage and is looking to snap off some jabs. Henderson clinches up with Thomson but Thomson throws him down and immediately takes his back with a body triangle locked in tight. Thomson is looking to isolate an arm. Henderson rolls and is almost flattened out. Henderson keeps rolling. Thomson looking to once again isolate an arm. Henderson stands up to his feet but Thomson stays with him. Thomson is starting to throw some punches but he gives up the position. Henderson clinches with Thomson again looking for an outside trip. Thomson spins him against the cage but Henderson spins him immediately. Henderson secures a take down but Thomson gets to his feet. Henderson sinks in a standing arm triangle and pulls guard. Thomson escapes. They return to their feet. Thomson grabs hold of Henderson with an arm between his legs and literally picks Henderson up and throws him head first into the ground just before the bell.@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 ThomsonRound Two: Henderson takes the center again, coming forward with a big knee. Thomson grabs hold of a leg and looks to dump Henderson but he lets it go. Henderson presses forward looking for the clinch and eats a knee on his way on but presses Thomson against the cage. Big John separates them after a period of non action. Thomson is able to drag Henderson down to the ground and take his back once again. He takes the body triangle once more and is looks to isolate the left arm of Henderson. Henderson looks to stand to his feet once more. Thomson gives up the body triangle and separates. Henderson charges forward with a hook to the body following it up with a clinch pressing Thomson against the cage. They break free. Henderson with a low kick, Thomson responds with two of his own. Thomson throws some wild combinations with hooks and kicks forcing Henderson to back off. Henderson charges forward with a hook to the body and a kick to the mid section – Thomson catches the kick and looks to dump Henderson but Henderson keeps his balance all the way across the cage. Henderson is able to turn Thomson against the cage before the bell.@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 ThomsonRound Three: Benson with a quick take down landing in Thomsons full guard. Thomson immediately hip escapes and gets back to his feet – Henderson grabs hold of his back and looks to drag him down but Thomson defends and turns Henderson against the cage before breaking free. It’s come to attention that Thomson’s hand is broken. Henderson comes forward with a hook to the body followed by forcing a clinch pressing Thomson against the cage yet again. Thomson breaks free and lands a standing elbow. Henderson throws a kick that’s caught. Thomson shoots in for a take down but Henderson defends and presses Thomson against the cage. Henderson lands a straight. Thomson looks for another take down – Henderson defends but Thomson takes his back against the cage and utilizes a trip but Henderson gets up. Thomson throws a kick to the body but trips – Henderson jumps on him immediately. Thomson’s hand is clearly effecting him as he grimaces as he pushes off it.
@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 Henderson
Round Four: Thomson throwing a few light kicks early but Henderson is turning it up with his power strikes. Thomson presses forward and takes Henderson down quickly landing in his half guard. Henderson regains full guard. Henderson uses mission control to trap the left arm of Thomson. Henderson is looking to set up a triangle but Thomson escapes, stands to his feet and looks to pass over but Henderson sits up and is looking to stand. They roll and scramble, Thomson rides with him and ends up on top again but Henderson is able to get up and immediately take down Thomson. Thomson is quick to his feet but is now being pressed against the cage. Thomson throws a front kick up high. Thomson closes the distance and secures another take down and immediately swings to Thomson’s back and securing another triangle. Henderson stands to his feet but Thomson stays with him this time. He rides on his back waving the crowd on. He drags him back to the ground and looks for a rear naked choke but the bell sounds.
@MikalMMA’s Scorecard: 10-9 Thomson
Round Five: Henderson presses forward with another hook to the body but this time Thomson was able to circle away from being pressed against the cage. Henderson presses forward with a knee to the body. Thomson with a low kick. Henderson with a stepping in elbow. Thomson connects with a big right with his broken hand. Henderson throws a 1-2 that gets mostly blocked. Thomson is looking to set up another take down or trip. Thomson lands a low kick that drips Henderson to the ground but he doesn’t jump on him. Henderson snaps a heavy low kick. Thomson strings together a combination starting with a front kick followed up with punches. Henderson throws a kick but Thomson catches it throwing him down backwards into the cage. He looked to throw a knee but Henderson was grounded so he held off and instead jumped on him. Henderson stands to his feet, Thomson controls his back for close to 30 seconds. Henderson turns Thomson around momentarily – they spin. Henderson ends up in the better positon. Thomson spins him around. Henderson pushes off the cage and breaks free. Henderson with a hook to the body.
- Benson Henderson defeats Josh Thomson via Split Decision (48-7, 47-48, 49-46)
Front-Page Photo Credit: David Banks-USA TODAY Sports