A welterweight bout between Josh Burkman and Tyler Stinson appears to be on tap for WSOF 9. The March 29 bout was first reported by MMAFighting earlier this weekend.
The welterweight bout will see Burkman look to get back in the win column after being surprised by Steve Carl at WSOF 6. Burkman had won five straight fights prior to the title fight loss and will look to regain that edge when he faces Stinson.
A Strikeforce veteran, Stinson has won three straight fights since being cut from the promotion after back-to-back losses. Stinson will be fighting in the WSOF for the second time after crushing Valdir Araujo in the third round of his promotional debut.
WSOF 9 will take place March 29 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada and will be headlined by a welterweight title fight between champion Steve Carl and Rousimar Palhares.
WSOF 9 Lineup:
- Welterweight Title Fight: Steve Carl (c) vs. Rousimar Palhares
- Inaugural Bantamweight Title Fight: Marlon Moraes vs. Josh Rettinghouse
- Josh Burkman vs. Tyler Stinson
- Ozzy Dugulubgov vs. Johnny Nunez
- Mike Corey vs. Shane Kruchten