Sam Caplan, Bellator Matchmaker, Done With Company Soon

scott coker

Sam Caplan, the man in charge of booking fights for Bellator MMA, confirmed that his last day with the promotion will be August 25.

Caplan worked within Strikeforce prior to coming over to Bellator and entering into the talent development arena.

Bellator relieved Bjorn Rebney of his duties as president earlier this year, signing former Strikeforce leader Scott Coker to his position. The next event Bellator will host is set for September 5 and Bellator 123.

Rich Chou, who previously worked under Coker with Strikeforce, is now in charge of booking with Bellator. Chou has also worked with “Rumble on the Rock” and EliteXC, and was an MMA referee.

• AlphaOmega says:

This isn’t to surprising, Coker is going to bring all his own people in

• Dufresne says:

I’m really curious to see if Coker can do anything now that he’s got some of Viacom’s bankroll behind him or if we’re just in for Strikeforce 2.0. Not that I didn’t enjoy Strikeforce while it lasted.

• Richard Stabone says:

Caplan used to run the show here at 5oz, churning out a ton of great content related to all things MMA. That was the golden age for this site, which at the time was as good as any MMA site/blog out there.

• hindsightufuk says:

I remember the Sam caplan days, five Oz really was a premium site at one point. Think he still owes me a t shirt as well! Have to say I’m pretty nervous about the direction bellator is taking, I’m not sure I’m ready to give up my favourite mma show like this. I did like strikeforce, but I loved bellator, I don’t want it to disappear

• fanoftna33 says:

He owes me a T-shirt also, the Fedor vs Barnette shirt.
    I agree about Bellator as it was doing good the way it was and maybe a few tweaks here and there and you have an outstanding product, I just do not see hoe it needed a full overhaul. I think that is where the problem is.

• AlphaOmega says:

I think a lot of people are still owed that Matt The Hammer Hamel prize pack too