twitter google

Bellator’s Kimbo Slice Wants Rematch With Seth Petruzelli, Bout With Tito Ortiz

Kimbo Slice

Recently Bellator’s Scott Coker reported that there’s no shortage of men who want to fight Kimbo Slice, but now the heavyweight has relayed who he’d be interested in battling next.

Unless you’ve been doing your best to avoid all forms of MMA related communication, then you likely know that on Friday, Bellator announced it has signed Slice to a new deal. The promotion has not confirmed who the former bare knuckle boxer will face, or when, but it probably won’t happen until summer.

Slice recently appeared on the latest edition of “The MMA Hour”, and he was asked if he’d be interested in fighting Seth Petruzelli one more time. The latter took out Slice in just 14 seconds back in 2008, and more recently fought for Bellator, before announced his retirement last year.

While discussing the possibility of facing Petruzelli again, Slice stated (quote via MMA Fighting.com):

“I’m sure they would. I mean, they should. I mean, I would love to,” Slice said. “I owe that dude one. The nature of it, I could complain all day long on this and that, but s**t, it just went down the way it went down, but goddamn I owe him one.”

Although that bout might not materialize, Slice mentioned another UFC vet and Bellator fighter, in terms of who he’d like to face.

“S**t, you know they could put Tito (Ortiz) on that plane, too,” Slice said, before noting that Ortiz called him out several years ago. “For sure. I got a bone to pick with that dude, man.”

Slice hasn’t fought in MMA since 2010, when he was stopped by Matt Mitrione at UFC 113. Since then the 40 year-old heavyweight has proceeded to go 7-0 in pro boxing. Slice currently holds a MMA record of 4-2.

Follow 5OZ